Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) Statistics 2023
– Everything You Need to Know

Electronic Lab Notebook (Eln) Statistics 2023: Facts about Electronic Lab Notebook (Eln) outlines the context of what’s happening in the tech world.

LLCBuddy editorial team did hours of research, collected all important statistics on Electronic Lab Notebook (Eln), and shared those on this page. Our editorial team proofread these to make the data as accurate as possible. We believe you don’t need to check any other resources on the web for the same. You should get everything here only 🙂

Are you planning to form an LLC? Maybe for educational purposes, business research, or personal curiosity, whatever the reason is – it’s always a good idea to gather more information about tech topics like this.

How much of an impact will Electronic Lab Notebook (Eln) Statistics have on your day-to-day? or the day-to-day of your LLC Business? How much does it matter directly or indirectly? You should get answers to all your questions here.

Please read the page carefully and don’t miss any words.

Top Electronic Lab Notebook (Eln) Statistics 2023

☰ Use “CTRL+F” to quickly find statistics. There are total 14 Electronic Lab Notebook (Eln) Statistics on this page 🙂

Electronic Lab Notebook (Eln) “Latest” Statistics

  • In 2015, close to 30% of students reported a preference for paper, while that percentage drops to approximately 14% in 2016.[1]
  • At the conclusion of a 10 week lab course in 2015, 24% of students said they were still uncomfortable using an electronic learning record.[1]
  • Nearly 30% of students said they preferred paper in 2015, but that number reduces to around 14% in 2016.[1]
  • In 2015 and 2016, the poll received 32 responses from students with an average response rate of 84.2%, and 23 responses at an average response rate of 70%.[1]
  • Approximately 40% of students reported a preference for ELN in 2015, while approximately 60% of students chose ELN over PLN in 2016.[1]
  • The written description typically uses a combination of biological and chemical resources, for example, “89% [Culture Medium] DMEM + 10% [Serum] FCS + 1% [Antibiotic] Gentamicin”.[2]
  • More than 60% are web-based and platform independent, with the other 40% either being accessible via certain operating systems or without a platform compatibility notice.[3]
  • In the Uses of ELNs in Academia survey, 74% expressed concerns about needing to enter data in both the lab and write-up area, due to a lack of suitable hardware or software capabilities to facilitate ELN usage inside and outside the lab.[3]
  • In the DaM pilot survey, 81% of respondents said automated experiment data acquisition was crucial, and slightly under 70% expressed worry about the ELN readily acquiring information.[3]
  • In the DaM survey, 99% of respondents indicated that ease of use would influence their ELN choice, with almost 80% rating it as very important.[3]
  • Due to a lack of sufficient hardware or software capabilities to support ELN use within and outside the lab, 74% of respondents to the uses of ELNs in Academia study were concerned about having to input data in both the lab and writeup area.[3]
  • 12.5% of participants in the Post Pilot Survey stopped using the trial ELN due to inadequate hardware access in the lab, forcing some to complete tasks manually.[3]
  • The black data issue that afflicts paper based laboratories, where up to 90% of data is only utilized once and then lost or forgotten, is eliminated by an ELN from BIOVIA.[4]
  • With an ELN, up to 85% of experimental data is re-used. Unnecessary repetition of experiments is also reduced, making better use of limited resources.[4]

Also Read


  1. biomedcentral – https://jbioleng.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13036-017-0083-2
  2. biomedcentral – https://jbiomedsem.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13326-021-00257-x
  3. biomedcentral – https://jcheminf.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13321-017-0221-3
  4. 3ds – https://www.3ds.com/products-services/biovia/products/laboratory-informatics/electronic-lab-notebooks/

About Author & Editorial Staff

Steve Goldstein, founder of LLCBuddy, is a specialist in corporate formations, dedicated to guiding entrepreneurs and small business owners through the LLC process. LLCBuddy provides a wealth of streamlined resources such as guides, articles, and FAQs, making LLC establishment seamless. The diligent editorial staff makes sure content is accurate, up-to-date information on topics like state-specific requirements, registered agents, and compliance. Steve's enthusiasm for entrepreneurship makes LLCBuddy an essential and trustworthy resource for launching and running an LLC.

Leave a Comment