Project Management Tools Statistics 2023: Facts about Project Management Tools outlines the context of what’s happening in the tech world.
LLCBuddy editorial team did hours of research, collected all important statistics on Project Management Tools, and shared those on this page. Our editorial team proofread these to make the data as accurate as possible. We believe you don’t need to check any other resources on the web for the same. You should get everything here only 🙂
Are you planning to form an LLC? Maybe for educational purposes, business research, or personal curiosity, whatever the reason is – it’s always a good idea to gather more information about tech topics like this.
How much of an impact will Project Management Tools Statistics have on your day-to-day? or the day-to-day of your LLC Business? How much does it matter directly or indirectly? You should get answers to all your questions here.
Please read the page carefully and don’t miss any words.
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
Top Project Management Tools Statistics 2023☰ Use “CTRL+F” to quickly find statistics. There are total 172 Project Management Tools Statistics on this page 🙂
Project Management Tools “Latest” Statistics
- Organizational agility was ranked first on the list of success characteristics by 35% of senior management.
- Project management statistics show that although just 24% of firms haven’t yet created a digital transformation plan that incorporates Artificial Intelligence, 56% of companies now have one.
- 47% of firms, according to data on project management, have a set career path for project managers.
- 67% more initiatives inside firms that don’t respect project management enough are rated as failures.
- Six of project management professionals lost their jobs as a direct result of the crisis, while another six are unemployed for unspecified reasons.
- According to 2016 project management data, 45% of workers were not entirely pleased with the organization’s degree of project management maturity.
- Project management expenses make about 7%–15% of the total project budget.
- According to project management statistics, 27% do not see a detrimental impact of the coronavirus on project finances.
- Companies file reports when project management is not treated as a key strategic aspect, 67% more initiatives fail.
- According to data on project management, 43% of firms mainly or always complete all projects on time and within the allocated budget, and 47% have a history of successful projects.
- According to further project management statistics, Microsoft project comes in second with an estimated 18.20% market share.
- In 2020, the market for business process management software was predicted to be worth $8.8 billion.
- Even more when defining the impact of the pandemic on the timeliness of project delivery, 29% opted for the very unfavorable end of the scale.
- 44% of managers disagree with the usage of software in project management, according to Hive (2020).
- According to Hive (2020), 66% of project professionals admitted that their decision to invest in project management software was supported by the organization.
- The failure rate of agile projects is 22% and the risk of programs delivering subpar outcomes is 53% if management takes five hours or more to make decisions.
- According to 48% of Australian businesses, project benefit tracking discrepancies are always or often reported.
- In Australia, 57% of organizations use a centralized PMO to streamline project activities.
- On average, organizations with high-value delivery maturity complete 63% of their projects on time.
- A culture that appreciates project management is prioritized by just 46% of firms, according to PMI.
- 42% of the time, businesses with underdeveloped project management technologies lose money on unsuccessful initiatives.
- 67% of projects are completed by companies with high value delivery maturity and under budget.
- Project management professionals with a PMP certification make 22% more money than those without one.
- The largest obstacles to implementing agile methodologies in a business include reluctance to change (48%), a lack of leadership involvement (46%), and uneven team practices (45%).
- According to PWC, 77% of the study’s high performing businesses claimed to consistently utilize project management software.
- A ReportLinker review of the Global Online Project Management landscape reveals a slightly slower growth rate for the marketplace compared to Mordor Intelligence, at around 7.9%.
- 71% of those polled for this report’s study stated they now view “project management” to be more valuable than it was in 2019, up from 55%.
- A study by the Project Management Institute in 2020 found approximately 11.4% of all resources in the modern business landscape are wasted due to inferior processes for project management.
- By 2026, project management software will be worth $9.81 billion, predicts Mordor Intelligence.
- According to the Rebel’s Guide to Project Management, around 60% of project managers use hybrid methods to deliver their projects.
- By 2030, there will be a demand for almost 25 million more project management experts, the survey predicts.
- According to over 24% of research participants, repeated data management and input is their largest time.
- 32% of people indicated they would adore the chance to entirely do away with tedious administrative responsibilities.
- 51% of businesses claim that a project manager’s position requires them to be certified.
- Approximately 54% of the workforce now thinks that solutions that enable them to automate duties like monitoring a project’s development would enable them to save at least 5 hours.
- Only about 35% of project managers are content with their organizations’ use of technology and level of PM maturity.
- More than 70% of respondents to the study said that they would want to use automation solutions to support initiatives.
- Over the next seven years, SMEs are anticipated to increase their purchase of project management tools by about 7.9%.
- The ReportLinker review on project management software adoption indicates the US is one of the most significant markets for this technology, accounting for around 29.6% in 2020.
- Only 43% of organizations, according to the Wellington State of Project Management survey, consistently or largely finish their projects within the allocated budget.
- 58% of respondents, according to the study, said the pandemic had a moderate to substantial influence on their initiatives.
- According to KPMG, there are numerous factors that could affect project success rates, including the fact that only about 40% of organizations say their project governance strategies are effective.
- To make things worse, just 40% of respondents claim that their projects consistently completely deliver on benefits, while 47% of respondents claim that their firms have a track record of project success.
- 46% of businesses said they valued project management in their firm.
- Just 52% of businesses believe their initiatives were completed to the satisfaction of their stakeholders.
- The majority of businesses do not invest in PM software because, in their opinion, its price is just too expensive (56%).
- Companies who used an agile project management system had a 37% quicker increase in revenue than their non-agile competitors.
- According to recently revealed project management data from pmi, projects that perform poorly spend approximately 10% of every dollar invested in them.
- 85% of CEOs think artificial intelligence will fundamentally alter their industry in the next five years.
- Over 54% of employees spend the bulk of their time on monotonous chores that don’t call for innovation and might be completed by a less costly resource.
- Almost 60% of firms often choose a hybrid technique rather than committing to a single strategy.
- Only 35% of project managers were said to be satisfied with their organization’s current project management system in 2020.
- Project teams with a mature system often achieve 77% of their objectives, whereas others only achieve 56% of them.
- Similar mature teams complete 63% of their tasks on schedule, compared to 39% for less mature teams.
- 30% of people say they feel less creative than they once did, and 63% say they don’t receive enough opportunities to produce their finest work.
- 63% of respondents agree or strongly agree that the impact of AI on business will be greater than that of the internet’s invention.
- 70% of respondents stated they spent a lot of time keeping track of deadlines and milestones, and 88% said that their work regularly entailed reprioritizing and updating their assignments.
- 53% of firms across a variety of sectors that are regarded as pioneers in pm technology and processes use at least one agile methodology tool.
- Throughout all organizations due to inadequate project management procedures, 11.4% of all resources are squandered.
- 71% of PMs questioned think their role’s perceived worth is rising, up from 55% in 2019.
- 58% of CEOs have not deployed any type of AI in their companies, most likely because it is difficult to locate workers who are trained to do so.
- A PM who’s received a project management professional (PMP) certificate of some form will make more money than a PM who hasn’t been certified. 
- Only 35% of project managers polled in 2020 expressed some level of satisfaction with the current systems.
- Only 43% of businesses claimed to always or mostly finish projects within the allotted budget.
- Only 47% of projects are run by project management professionals, leaving the remaining 53% to be championed by non-certified PMs.
- In the US, the average yearly salary for PMPs in 2021 was . 
- For starters, being a certified Project Management Professional will net you a higher pay by approximately 22% (globally).
- According to PMI, only 47% of organizations have a clearly defined career path for PMs — so, joining one of these organizations with a higher level of PMM is one way of facilitating professional development.
- Rebel’s Guide to Project Management survey shows that, even among experienced PMs, 35% say they’ve contemplated leaving the profession.
- According to PMI, the remaining 68% of organizations opt to outsource or contract project managers on a per-project basis.
- 20% of employees cite an unmanageable workload as the number-one cause of burnout.
- Miscommunications on project goals, according to 31% of businesses, are the main cause of initiatives failing.
- 40% of project managers say that micromanaging employee accountability and responding to emails takes up the majority of their time.
- 41% of companies with a high incidence of project failure attribute it to senior management’s lack of participation.
- Project managers and project sponsors are not providing adequate assistance, according to 41% of the firms reporting poor project performance.
- Only 41% of businesses without project management tools finished projects on schedule compared to 61% of those who did.
- Employee engagement is one of the key determinants in project success, according to 71% of corporate leaders.
- According to the Pulse of the Profession study from the Project Management Institute, businesses with a clear project management structure in place have 38% more successful projects that met their original goals than those that did not.
- Only 52% of CEOs claim that the time allotted to workers reflects the objectives of the organization.
- More than 62% of high performing businesses employ capabilities for real time document editing and file version management.
- 42% of respondents to the poll believe that their companies do not recognize the significance of project management.
- According to a poll on project management, 89% of project managers indicated their company used hybrid project management techniques.
- A staggering 97% of businesses believe that project management is necessary for business expansion and organizational advancement, according to a PWC report.
- According to a Capterra poll, reports and dashboards are used the most often by 65% of respondents.
- According to data on project management performance, approximately 60% of businesses claim that well defined procedures and practices are essential for projects to succeed.
- Nearly 20% of IT initiatives might fail so miserably that they endanger the continued survival of the organization.
- Contrary to highperforming businesses, low performing businesses only effectively finish 36% of their tasks.
- According to the Project Management Institute’s study, 26% of firms always employ risk management techniques.
- The industry is bright and blooming, and it is further expected to continue growing at an annual rate of over 13.4% for the 2020-2027 period, according to project management statistics and forecasts.
- 52% of poll respondents said they are only slightly satisfied with their company’s existing project management procedures.
- 80% of respondents said that influencing the people who matter depends on having a project management portfolio.
- Only 46% of the surveyed firms deemed it essential to have a culture that prioritizes project management.
- Project management experts make 22% more money than those without certificates, according to PMI.
- According to recent research, up to 67% of businesses who claim project management is unnecessary fail.
- According to the most recent survey findings, 52% of respondents are somewhat dissatisfied with the project management procedures in place at their organization.
- A recent poll found that when project management professionals initially opted to invest in project management software, up to 33% of them encountered different obstacles.
- According to the findings of a recent poll, up to 35% of project managers continue to plan the resources they could require for their assignments using Microsoft Excel.
- The number of project managers hired increased by 6% over the course of a year, which is a really fascinating statistic.
- Organizations that employ PM techniques are 28% more likely to meet their target business objectives.
- In fact, according to a Hive poll, up to 44% of managers do not believe that PM software is necessary.
- A culture that prioritizes the PM at the top is only rated as being important by 46% of the firms polled.
- According to a recent poll by PMI, 61% of companies that employ project managers provide their PMs a clear path for moving ahead in the career roadmap, and 47% of them do so.
- Increase productivity by up to 50% with trusted project management software from Wrike.
- Agile technique was favored by gymnastics businesses to finish projects by 28% compared to conventional businesses’ 22% preference.
- 34% of respondents feel confident using Artificial Intelligence to support project management choices.
- 36% of businesses that use the project management paradigm think they generally or always achieve project objectives in full.
- When asked the issues they have with project management software, 43% of respondents chose capabilities that go underutilized or the difficulty of the learning curve.
- A poll of more than 400 respondents found that 51% of them employ the integrated project management technique.
- 53% of respondents are convinced that project work will moving ahead be structured around smaller teams.
- 60% of users claim that utilizing a project management tool improves their ability to predict delivery dates for projects.
- Reports dashboards are used by 65% of respondents to the study, while document management features are used by 64% of users.
- When it comes to finished initiatives, 73% of survey respondents achieved their initial objectives and business aim.
- 94% of respondents think that knowing what their coworkers are working on increases a company’s productivity and efficiency.
- Only 23% of employees have used AI technology in project management, despite expectations that AI would have a significant influence on this field.
- Gymnastic businesses also outperformed conventional businesses, with 75% of them succeeding in their intended business objectives.
- Compared to other communication channels, email dominates, with 75% of respondents saying they use it.
- For team communication, just 38% of individuals utilize a project management platform like flow.
- 61% of respondents blend conventional and agile project management methodologies.
- The market for project management software is estimated to reach $9.81 billion by 2026, rising at a CAGR of 10.67% .
- 68% of respondents said that the largest shift in their company over the last 12 months has been the digital transformation.
- 55% of users note that they can use project resources effectively, and 49% say they can interact with the team more effectively.
- When it comes to most ignored project management software features, 34% respondents mentioned Velocity charts, Gantt charts, and Burndown charts.
- While large organizations vouch for project management software, 25% of small businesses with less than $1 million in ARR don’t use any PM software.
- 20% of employees the last word project management statistics provide essential information regarding recent changes in this rapidly expanding business as they approach the second half of 2022.
- A survey from Monday.com found that 54% of the workforce believes that by using tools that automate tasks, they would be more productive and efficient at work as it can help them to save more than 5 hours at work.
- 25% of respondents to this survey said they lacked access to the necessary technology for their company’s information initiatives.
- Wellingtone’s The State of Project Management Report (2020) states that in spite of companies facing immense pressure to manage projects on a greater scale, 54% of companies don’t have access to real-time project KPIs.
- A survey of 220 project managers by Rebel’s Guide to Project Management showed that around 60% of project managers are using the Hybrid project delivery approach, which is a blend of Waterfall and Agile methods.
- Only 35% of marketers were fairly or extremely happy with the project management technologies they were employing, according to a 2020 study.
- 12% of businesses that invested in projects later regretted their choice since the initiatives were unsuccessful.
- 17% of IT initiatives fail so horribly that they potentially endanger the survival of the organization.
- 20% of businesses claim that their it requirements process doesn’t accurately reflect business needs.
- According to 31% of businesses, a lack of a shared vision is the main cause of initiatives failing.
- 38% of businesses think that misunderstandings regarding team roles and duties are the biggest obstacles to success.
- Inadequate sponsor support, according to 41% of underperformers and 17% of winners, is the primary cause of project failure.
- 46% of businesses have publicly acknowledged that they do not fully grasp the value or need of project management.
- Due to inadequate requirement management, 47% of initiatives fall short of their objectives.
- Project cost, according to 5% of firms, is the primary challenge encountered by project managers while managing manufacturing projects.
- Changes in technology, politics, or the economy have a direct correlation with employee performance in a business by 5%.
- According to 56% of firms, the cost of project management software is the biggest deterrent from utilizing it.
- 56% of initiatives are guaranteed to be successful given the right people and change management.
- Greater clarity in procedures and practices is seen by 58% of firms as the key to project success.
- 59% of firms have made investments in continuous project management tool and methodology training for their staff.
- Software for project management is used by 67% of businesses to facilitate client communication.
- 75% of corporate leaders who undertake software initiatives anticipate failure of their endeavors.
- Strategic initiatives are used by 76% of high performing businesses to accomplish project objectives and business purpose.
- By 2021, 76% of firms predict that agile methodologies will outperform waterfall methodologies.
- 90% of businesses claim that employing open source software increased the productivity and creativity of their staff.
- Project management certificates are seen by 90% of institutions and enterprises as being essential to ensuring high performance.
- 97% of businesses agree that improving company success requires the use of the appropriate project management technique.
- Due to employers allowing workers to choose their own work style, employee retention is anticipated to rise by 10% by 2020.
- 42% of respondents said that their businesses resisted change and implementing new PM techniques.
- Only 19% of respondents to PMI’s 2018 study said that this skill need has not changed, while 51% claimed that soft skills are now more essential.
- A structured project management training program is currently present in 60% of PMOs, up from 11% in 2014.
- According to Capterra’s study, 66% of participants utilized project management software to interact with customers.
- 72% of respondents claim that the EPMO and their organizational strategy are strongly aligned.
- A Geneca poll found that 78% of participants would prefer business stakeholders to be more responsive and involved in the project.
- According to a PWC survey, a staggering 97% of firms feel that project management is essential to company performance and organizational success.
- Senior executives report that 87% of them completely comprehend the significance of PM techniques.
- Just 23% of respondents claim that project managers and stakeholders agree when a project is completed.
- According to a different research, senior management’s lack of participation accounts for 33% of project failures.
- 50% of respondents said that compiling project reports by hand takes them one or more days, demonstrating the enormous productivity benefits possible with project management software.
- Businesses claim that team communication has been the most affected by project management (52%).
- According to Capterra, 64% and 67% of projects with well developed PM procedures are completed on schedule and under budget.
- While 49% more businesses reported inconsistent approaches, 71% more firms in 2018 cited a lack of resources as their main project management difficulty.
- Only 48% of firms have spent money on recognized project management training, despite low maturity levels.
- PMOs improved the number of projects completed on time and under budget by 33% in 2016.
- In 2016, the typical PMO employed 9 employees and represented about 5% of the project expenditure.
- In 2018, nearly 70% of projects met their original goals or business intent, while nearly 60% were completed within the original budget.
- Only 41% of organizations with an enterprise-wide project management office (EPMO) report that it is highly aligned to the organization’s strategy.
- 83% of high performing organizations, including champions, according to PMI, continuously invest in project manager training.
- Only 40% of IBM initiatives, to give you a sense of the appalling success rate of most projects, achieve the three main objectives of the corporation.
- Email Verification Statistics
- Privileged Access Management (PAM) Statistics
- Emergency Management Statistics
- Payroll Services Providers Statistics
- Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms Statistics
- Demand Planning Statistics
- Patient Intake Statistics
- Ethics And Compliance LMS Statistics
- Project Cost Management Statistics
- Encryption Statistics
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Systems Statistics
- Diversity Recruiting Statistics
- Peer Code Review Statistics
- Proofreading Statistics
- Energy Management Statistics
- Project Management Tools Statistics
- Press Release Distribution Statistics
- Policy Management Statistics
- Enterprise Payment Statistics
- Pharmaceutical Distribution Statistics
- Event Networking and Matchmaking Statistics
- E-Commerce Platforms Statistics
- Emergency Notification Statistics
- Product Data Management (PDM) Statistics
- Event Planning Statistics
- OTT Platforms Statistics
- Pest Control Statistics
- Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) Statistics
- Drug Discovery Statistics
- Email Statistics
- Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) Statistics
- Enterprise IT Management Statistics
- Photogrammetry Statistics
- Expert Networks Statistics
- Postal Presort Statistics
- Drop Shipping Statistics
- Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) Statistics
- Distribution ERP Statistics
- Email Archiving Statistics
- Email Anti-spam Statistics
- 99firms – https://99firms.com/blog/project-management-statistics/
- financesonline – https://financesonline.com/35-essential-project-management-statistics-analysis-of-trends-data-and-market-share/
- findstack – https://findstack.com/project-management-statistics/
- goremotely – https://goremotely.net/blog/project-management-statistics/
- kissflow – https://kissflow.com/project/project-management-statistics/
- monday – https://monday.com/blog/project-management/project-management-statistics/
- plaky – https://plaky.com/learn/project-management/project-management-statistics/
- saaslist – https://saaslist.com/blog/project-management-statistics/
- truelist – https://truelist.co/blog/project-management-statistics/
- adamenfroy – https://www.adamenfroy.com/project-management-statistics
- getapp – https://www.getapp.com/project-management-planning-software/project-management/f/reporting-statistics/
- getflow – https://www.getflow.com/blog/top-project-management-statistics-to-know-in-2022
- proofhub – https://www.proofhub.com/articles/project-management-statistics
- proprofsproject – https://www.proprofsproject.com/blog/project-management-statistics/
- workamajig – https://www.workamajig.com/blog/project-management-statistics