Proofreading Statistics 2023: Facts about Proofreading outlines the context of what’s happening in the tech world.
LLCBuddy editorial team did hours of research, collected all important statistics on Proofreading, and shared those on this page. Our editorial team proofread these to make the data as accurate as possible. We believe you don’t need to check any other resources on the web for the same. You should get everything here only 🙂
Are you planning to form an LLC? Maybe for educational purposes, business research, or personal curiosity, whatever the reason is – it’s always a good idea to gather more information about tech topics like this.
How much of an impact will Proofreading Statistics have on your day-to-day? or the day-to-day of your LLC Business? How much does it matter directly or indirectly? You should get answers to all your questions here.
Please read the page carefully and don’t miss any words.
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
Top Proofreading Statistics 2023☰ Use “CTRL+F” to quickly find statistics. There are total 15 Proofreading Statistics on this page 🙂
Proofreading “Latest” Statistics
- The US Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that the average hourly pay for proofreaders is $22.12, or $46,010 yearly.
- ZipRecruiter tells us that as of September 2022, the average salary for freelance proofreaders in the United States is $52,465 per year (about $25 per hour).
- For instance, if a piece of writing about people’s favorite ice cream flavors states that 70% of people think chocolate ice cream is superior than vanilla, the statement after that shouldn’t read one third of people prefer vanilla over chocolate.
- Employment of editors is projected to grow 5% from 2020 to 2030, slower than the average for all occupations.
- The most common ethnicity of Copy Editor/Proofreaders is White (75.8%), followed by Black or African American (12.0%) and Hispanic or Latino (7.0%).
- With 22.3% of the population speaking it, French is the second most common language after German (7.4%).
- The top 10% of highest paid Copy Editor/Proofreaders earn as much as $119,000 or more.
- Among Copy Editor/Proofreaders, 66.8% of them are women compared to 33.2% which are men.
- 0% mistake rate can be attained the majority of the time if everyone participating in the content development process does all in their power to reduce errors.
- According to Ascend Business Growth, if you consider it in terms of letters instead of words because most typos occur at the letter level, 1 typo per week corresponds to about a 99.997% success rate.
- Mentoring new proofreaders were expected to catch 50–65% of typos at first, rising to 70–85%; the best beginner averaged 88%, and an experienced professional proofreader should typically spot at least 90% of literals.
- Beginners should catch 30–50% of editorial errors (e.g. inconsistencies in style or fact) at first, rising to 60–70% later).
- 54% of employers would think twice about hiring a proofreader if he/she make spelling and grammar mistakes in their tweets and posts in addition to the fact that their friends will mock them savagely on Facebook.
- Employment of editors is projected to decline 5% from 2021 to 2031.
- The median annual wage for editors was $63,350 in May 2021.
- Drop Shipping Statistics
- Product Reviews Statistics
- Patch Management Statistics
- Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) Statistics
- E-Commerce Data Integration Statistics
- Cryptocurrency Remittance Statistics
- Project Cost Management Statistics
- Education ERP Suites Statistics
- Display Advertising Statistics
- Privileged Access Management (PAM) Statistics
- Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) Statistics
- Project Management Tools Statistics
- Education ERP Systems Statistics
- Email Signature Statistics
- Encryption Statistics
- Promotional Product Management Statistics
- Parking Management Statistics
- Parks and Recreation Statistics
- Email Deliverability Statistics
- Energy Management Statistics
- Expert Networks Statistics
- Expense Management Statistics
- Product Management Statistics
- ERP Systems Statistics
- Production Management Statistics
- Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) Statistics
- Payment Gateways Statistics
- DMARC Statistics
- Email Statistics
- E-Commerce Search Statistics
- Email Verification Statistics
- Proofreading Statistics
- Ethics And Compliance LMS Statistics
- Physical Security Statistics
- PLM Statistics
- Demand Planning Statistics
- Passwordless Authentication Statistics
- Performance Management Systems Statistics
- E-Commerce Platforms Statistics
- Personalization Engines Statistics
- omproofreading – https://omproofreading.com/how-much-do-proofreaders-get-paid/
- webinarcare – https://webinarcare.com/best-proofreading-software/proofreading-statistics/
- ascendbusinessgrowth – https://www.ascendbusinessgrowth.com/blog/proofreading-strategies-error-rates-and-costs
- ashleyfesta – https://www.ashleyfesta.com/blog/did-you-know-this-surprising-statistic-about-proofreading
- scribbr – https://www.scribbr.com/statistics/anova-in-r/