West Virginia Disability Statistics 2023: Facts about Disability in West Virginia reflect the current socio-economic condition of the state.
LLCBuddy editorial team did hours of research, collected all important statistics on West Virginia Disability, and shared those on this page. Our editorial team proofread these to make the data as accurate as possible. We believe you don’t need to check any other resources on the web for the same. You should get everything here only 🙂
Are you planning to start a West Virginia LLC business in 2023? Maybe for educational purposes, business research, or personal curiosity, whatever it is – it’s always a good idea to gather more information.
How much of an impact will West Virginia Disability Statistics have on your day-to-day? or the day-to-day of your LLC Business? How much does it matter directly or indirectly? You should get answers to all your questions here.
Please read the page carefully and don’t miss any word.
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
Top West Virginia Disability Statistics 2023☰ Use “CTRL+F” to quickly find statistics. There are total 26 West Virginia Disability Statistics on this page 🙂
West Virginia Disability “Latest” Statistics
- West Virginians with developmental impairments are expected to number 33,000 (1.8%).
- 18% of working-age people in West Virginia with cognitive disabilities hold community employment.
- More than one-fourth of West Virginia residents (28.5%) did not engage in leisure-time physical activity or exercise, placing the state 11th in the country.
- In 2018, more than one-third of West Virginia adults (38.9%) had arthritis, ranking the state first in the US.
- In 2018, one in every six West Virginia residents (17.3%) was obese and had arthritis.
- In 2018, one in every six persons in West Virginia (14.8%) had arthritis and did not exercise.
- In 2018, one in every eight West Virginia residents (12.9%) was fat and did not exercise.
- North Dakota had the greatest percentage of individuals with disabilities working (57.2 percent), while West Virginia had the lowest (31.1 percent).
- North Dakota had the greatest percentage of persons with vision problems working (69.7 percent), while West Virginia had the lowest (34.6 percent).
- In 2019, West Virginia had the largest proportion of disabled individuals (19.8%), while Utah had the lowest (9.1%).
- West Virginia has the highest disability rate in the US in 2019.
- The overall disability rate in the United States was 12.7%, while 19.8% of West Virginia residents were disabled.
- West Virginia has the greatest percentage of persons with hearing disabilities: 6.6% of the population.
- According to studies, 6.6% of the West Virginia population had a hearing handicap in 2019, far higher than in any other state.
- According to the state’s profile data, 16% of the population in West Virginia has mobility problems.
- According to the state’s profile data, 15% of the population in West Virginia has cognition problems.
- According to the state’s profile data, 10% of the population in West Virginia has difficulties living independently.
- According to the state’s profile data, 7% of the population in West Virginia has hearing problems.
- According to the state’s profile data, 6% of the population in West Virginia has vision problems.
- According to the state’s profile data, 4% of the population in West Virginia has difficulties with self-care.
- It is estimated that 19.4% of the West Virginia population has some form of disability.
- West Virginia has nearly 564,000 Medicaid recipients (29% of the population), making it the state with the greatest proportion of its population enrolled in Medicaid.
- Three-quarters (74%) of Medicaid members are children and adults, yet nearly two-thirds (61%) of Medicaid spending in the state is for the elderly and those with disabilities.
- Medicaid covers 87,200 (22%) of West Virginia’s Medicare members, accounting for more than a third (36%) of Medicaid spending.
- Medicaid covers 53% of all children in West Virginia, including 56% of children with special health care requirements.
- Medicaid covers 76% of nursing home residents in West Virginia, while nursing home care accounts for 41% of Medicaid long-term care costs.
- Alaska Disability Statistics
- Arizona Disability Statistics
- Arkansas Disability Statistics
- California Disability Statistics
- Colorado Disability Statistics
- Connecticut Disability Statistics
- Florida Disability Statistics
- Georgia Disability Statistics
- Idaho Disability Statistics
- Illinois Disability Statistics
- Indiana Disability Statistics
- Iowa Disability Statistics
- Kentucky Disability Statistics
- Maryland Disability Statistics
- Massachusetts Disability Statistics
- Minnesota Disability Statistics
- Mississippi Disability Statistics
- Missouri Disability Statistics
- Montana Disability Statistics
- Nebraska Disability Statistics
- Nevada Disability Statistics
- New Hampshire Disability Statistics
- New Jersey Disability Statistics
- New Mexico Disability Statistics
- New York Disability Statistics
- North Carolina Disability Statistics
- North Dakota Disability Statistics
- Oregon Disability Statistics
- Pennsylvania Disability Statistics
- Rhode Island Disability Statistics
- South Carolina Disability Statistics
- South Dakota Disability Statistics
- Tennessee Disability Statistics
- Texas Disability Statistics
- Utah Disability Statistics
- Vermont Disability Statistics
- Washington Disability Statistics
- West Virginia Disability Statistics
- Wyoming Disability Statistics
- District of Columbia Disability Statistics
- wv – https://ddc.wv.gov/
- wv – https://dhhr.wv.gov/hpcd/data_reports/pages/fast-facts.aspx
- disabilitycompendium – https://disabilitycompendium.org/compendium/2020-annual-disability-statistics-compendium?page=8
- unh – https://iod.unh.edu/blog/2021/02/annual-disability-statistics-compendium-meets-emerging-demands-data
- legaljobs – https://legaljobs.io/blog/disability-statistics/
- cdc – https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/disabilityandhealth/impacts/west-virginia.html
- disabled-world – https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/statistics/scc.php
- kff – https://www.kff.org/medicaid/fact-sheet/medicaids-role-in-west-virginia/