When you decide to start an LLC in Iowa, you must thoroughly research and do your homework. Starting an LLC is relatively easy; with professional help, opening an LLC in Iowa becomes even smoother. You will find many such companies when choosing the best LLC formation service in Iowa. Surprisingly, every other company will claim to be the best. But who to trust? How do you know who is the best for your business?
LLCBuddy Editors have eased the task for you. We scanned the market and came up with a list of the best LLC formation services in Iowa. You can compare their services, prices, and other information here before choosing the right one!
If you do not like reading a long article, you can watch the above video for the complete list of best LLC Iowa LLC formation services. It is mandatory to choose the best LLC formation service in Iowa, especially when you want to get rid of any hassle while forming your Iowa LLC. You may start it on your own, but it will not be a wise decision, as missing out any step or even a small thing can lead to the cancellation of the process.
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
Best LLC Formation Services in Iowa
Here is the list of best LLC services available in Iowa. The best thing about these services is starting your LLC for free. Some of the following services are offering LLC formation in Iowa at $0. Other than the state fees and charges, you do not have to pay any charges to the service provider. You will get the basic formation package for free. Now, let’s check out the list of best LLC formation service providers in Iowa-
Below is the list of best LLC formation services in Iowa we picked for you.
LLCBuddy Editorial Team selects these companies through thorough research and market study. It is recommended that you must cross-check all the factors before choosing the right one for your business.
LegalZoom is one of the service providers in Iowa that offers free LLC formation services. If you want to avoid spending money to form your LLC, then LegalZoom is for you. It offers various formation packages that include all types of LLC services. Aside from LLC formation, LegalZoom offers C and S corp formation. With over thousands of customers, the company offers basic LLC formation services at $0.
- Basic Package- $0 + State Filing Fees (Tax deduction may be applicable)
- Pro Package – $249 + State Filing Fees (Tax deductible may be applicable)
- Premium Package – $279 + State Filing Fees (Tax deduction may be applicable)
Apart from these packages, LegalZoom offers a bunch of add-on services as well. Add-on services include the following-
- Registered Agent – $299 per year. Available as an add-on and not included in any packages
- Trademark registration: Assisting with the US trademark application process
- Copyright registration: Guidance on registering copyrights for creative works
- Patent services: Support in obtaining utility, design, and plant patents
- Estate planning: Offering personalized wills, trusts, and power of attorney documents
- Legal advice: Access to a network of lawyers for consultations and legal guidance
- Expedited Filing: With an additional $99, you can speed up your filing process.
LegalZoom Pros and Cons
|Why You Must Get LegalZoom||Why You Shouldn’t Get LegalZoom|
|Free LLC formation||Expensive add-ons, such as Registered Agent|
|Trustworthy and established reputation||Higher pricing compared to some competitors|
|Quick turnaround time||Less number of add-on options|
|Access to legal professionals||Some additional fees not included in plan prices|
|Customer support available through phone or chat||Mixed customer reviews|
LegalZoom is one of the oldest companies in USA. This company is a service provider offering LLC formation at $0. It offers three broad packages, Basic, Pro, and Premium. The Basic package costs $0. Though you must pay the Iowa filing fee while filing the Certificate of Organization with the Iowa Secretary of State. The filing fee depends on which method, mail, online, or any other method you choose.
LegalZoom offers vast add-ones like others. Hence, the chances of getting diverse services are comparatively high. The best part about the company is there is an access to legal documents and legal consultation. The registered agent service is a bit expensive. If you want to hire Registered Agent from LegalZoom, you must purchase that service separately, it does not come with any formation plans.
BetterLegal is a comparatively new company than other competitors. But this company has successfully grabbed a large portion of the market in the United States. Serving in 51 states, BetterLegal has been in business since 2016. Unlike other experienced companies, it does not have a list of packages and plans for LLC formation.
BetterLegal offers one single plan at a flat $299 + state filing fees. It has a list of add-on services as well. BetterLegal is an online service that started off with a very small team. However, even after being in the business for so long, they didn’t increase their team size much. They have transparent pricing, and no hidden charge exists for any services they provide.
BetterLegal offers a list of add-on services. Following are the additional services they offer-
- Registered Agent service – $10/month or $90/year
- State Annual compliance services – $10/month or $90/year
- Permit & License Search Service – $125
- Amendment & document research – Free with the core formation service package
BetterLegal Pros and Cons
|Why You Must Get BetterLegal||Why You Shouldn’t Get BetterLegal|
|No refund; all sales are final||The basic package does not include registered agent service|
|Quick Turnaround time||Additional charge for EIN|
|A+ BBB Accredited||The basic package does not include a registered agent service|
|Single plan for all incorporation|
Even though the company is called BetterLegal, no attorneys or legal services are available. The company offers a single plan for all types of business formation. Hence, if you are planning to form a corporation, you can pay $299 + incorporation fee ($50 for filing online and by mail in Iowa). It offers comparatively better turnaround time at a reasonable price than other companies. You can file your LLC within 10 minutes with BetterLegal.
It offers a resource center for new entrepreneurs. They provide guidance to make things easier when it comes to filing your business. Their small team sometimes fails to cater to their customers on time. Reaching out to their customer support team is very difficult. Another disadvantage is it does not have a refund policy. All sales with BetterLegal are final, and at any stage, upon cancelation, no refund is made. However, basic LLC formation and registered agent services are much cheaper in BetterLegal than in other close competitors.
Do you want to create a brand for your business in Iowa? Here is the LLC formation service provider, TailorBrands, for you. The company was established in 2015 in New York, and since then, it has offered several incredible services to set up your business. TailorBrands has a single LLC formation plan that starts at $49 a year. You can choose different other add-on services at an additional cost.
TailorBrands offer a single plan for forming an LLC at $49. There are some basic services that TailorBrands offer, including starting an LLC, filing it, Iowa name availability search, priority support, and so on. You can use their add-on services as and when required. Add-ons are-
- Registered Agent Service – $199/year
- Employment ID Number (EIN) – $99 (one-time pay)
- Annual Compliances – $299/year
- Operating Agreement – $29
- Expedited Filing – $49
- Business bank account – Free
TailorBrands Pros and Cons
|Why You Must Get TailorBrands||Why You Shouldn’t Get TailorBrands|
|Low-cost LLC formation||Not BBB Accredited|
|Free business bank accounts||No business domain packages|
|Hassle-free LLC formation||Additional charges to obtain EIN|
|Additional services like logo, website, domain|
TailorBrands does not have vast LLC formation packages. Instead, it has a single package that includes the formation of LLCs. The name availability search is unlimited, and you don’t have to pay any additional fees. The state filing fee of $50 (by mail and online) must be paid apart from the charges you pay for add-ons.
TailorBrands offers other business services such as logo making, domain, website, business bank account, merchandise, and other business services. As a small or start-up business, you must go for TailorBrands.
ZenBusiness is a Texas-based company that provides services from formation to annual compliance to an LLC. It offers three plans, Starter, Pro, and Premium. The Starter plan starts from $0. That means you can form your LLC for free in Iowa, though you must pay the state filing fee of $50 (by mail and online) to the Iowa Secretary of State. But, the company charges nothing to form your business in the state.
- Starter Plan at $0 + state filing fee
- Pro Plan at $199/year + state filing fee
- Premium Plan at $299/year + state filing fee
ZenBusiness Pros and Cons
|Why You Must Get ZenBusiness||Why You Should Not Get ZenBusiness|
|100% accuracy rate||Does not form Iowa nonprofit|
|Free LLC formation in Iowa||Additional cost for EIN|
|Standalone Registered Agent services|
ZenBusiness is one of those top-rated companies that provide business formation in Iowa at a minimum cost (currently at $0). There is no charge to be paid to the company for forming your LLC in Iowa. The state filing fee and other necessary fees must be paid, including the registered agent fee.
ZenBusiness offers three plans, among which the Pro plan is recommended. The Pro plan has everything you need to start an LLC in Iowa. Obtaining EIN, operating agreement drafting, name search, and all other services are available with the rush filing feature.
5. Northwest Registered Agent
Northwest Registered Agent is a family-owned business based in Spoken, Washington state. The company offers LLC formation, registered agent service, annual compliances, and other business-related services in all 50 states, including Iowa. It offers LLC formation at $ 39+ state fees and registered agent service at $125 yearly.
Northwest does not have conventional packages. It offers Core, Business maintenance, and business development services. Under these categories, various services are available at a flat rate. Some of the services offered by Northwest in Iowa are listed below-
- LLC formation in Iowa at $39 + state filing fee
- Registered Agent at $125 yearly
- Annual report filing at $100 + state filing fee
- Obtaining EIN at $50
- Northwest offers National Agent Service. If you operate your LLC Registered Agent in 5 or more states, you can pay $100 + state fees (if applicable) to get a single agent for all states.
Northwest Registered Agent Pros and Cons
|Why You Must Get Northwest||Why You Should Not Get Northwest|
|DIY Packages for your LLC in Iowa||Not BBB accredited|
|No plans, flat rate for all services||Additional charges to obtain EIN in Iowa|
|Purchase only the service you need to form Iowa LLC.||The operating agreement draft is not included in the Core services|
|Northwest offers standalone Registered Agent service in Iowa|
Northwest Registered Agent Overview
Northwest is one of those service providers that offer DIY packages. Northwest is not for you if you want a wholesome formation package in Iowa. It does not have conventional LLC formation packages. It is simply like a departmental store for you. You don’t need to buy everything, but the only thing you need.
Northwest has in-house corporate guides to guide you through the formation process. It offers LLC formation at $39 plus the state filing fee ($50 (by mail and online)). If you have already formed your LLC in Iowa and are willing to appoint Registered Agent only, then Northwest can provide a standalone registered agent service at $125 per year.
Northwest offers single flat rates for all services in Iowa and other states. The best part about the company is it does not outsource any of its services. Northwest offers corporate guides to help you through the steps of LLC formation.
How to Form an LLC in Iowa
Iowa, popularly known as The Hawkeye State, is a business-friendly state with a population of 3,233,572. The Nominal Gross Domestic Product (in millions) of Iowa is $233,468 according to a 2022 study, which has been said to be increased over the past year. Hence, starting your business in Iowa will always be a good option. If you choose the state capital, Des Moines, to start your LLC, you might get more tax and other benefits.
To form an LLC in Iowa, you need to follow some basic steps, including getting an LLC name, appointing your Iowa Registered Agent, filing the Iowa Certificate of Organization, creating Iowa LLC operating agreement, and finally getting an EIN for filing required taxes.
You can do that on your own. However, it is always recommended to get a professional person on board to guide you through. These steps are crucial and sensitive. You must complete everything to avoid canceling your formation process. Hence, having a professional LLC formation service for your LLC is better.
How to Choose the Best LLC Formation Service in Iowa
It is important to choose the best service for your business carefully. Before you select the best one, make sure you thoroughly research on following points-
- Reputation: Look for a company with a good reputation. Check reviews and ratings from previous clients to see how they feel about the services offered.
- Experience: Choose a company with years of LLC formation experience. This ensures that they have knowledge of the process and can provide quality services.
- Cost: Compare prices between different companies. Choose a company that offers affordable pricing for the services you need.
- Customer Service: Ensure that the company has good customer service. They should be responsive, helpful, and willing to answer any questions.
- Services Offered: Look for a company that offers a range of services, including entity formation, registered agent services, and ongoing compliance support to ensure your LLC remains in good standing.
- Ease of Use: Choose a company with a user-friendly website and easy-to-use online platform. This makes the process of forming an LLC simple and straightforward.
- Guarantees: Check if the company offers a satisfaction guarantee or a refund policy. This gives you peace of mind that you are getting the best possible service.
- Best Alabama LLC Formation Services
- Best Alaska LLC Formation Services
- Best Arizona LLC Formation Services
- Best Arkansas LLC Formation Services
- Best California LLC Formation Services
- Best Colorado LLC Formation Services
- Best Connecticut LLC Formation Services
- Best DC LLC Formation Services
- Best Delaware LLC Formation Services
- Best Florida LLC Formation Services
- Best Georgia LLC Formation Services
- Best Hawaii LLC Formation Services
- Best Idaho LLC Formation Services
- Best Illinois LLC Formation Services
- Best Indiana LLC Formation Services
- Best Iowa LLC Formation Services
- Best Kansas LLC Formation Services
- Best Kentucky LLC Formation Services
- Best Louisiana LLC Formation Services
- Best Maine LLC Formation Services
- Best Maryland LLC Formation Services
- Best Massachusetts LLC Formation Services
- Best Michigan LLC Formation Services
- Best Minnesota LLC Formation Services
- Best Mississippi LLC Formation Services
- Best Missouri LLC Formation Services
- Best Montana LLC Formation Services
- Best Nebraska LLC Formation Services
- Best Nevada LLC Formation Services
- Best New Hampshire LLC Formation Services
- Best New Jersey LLC Formation Services
- Best New Mexico LLC Formation Services
- Best New York LLC Formation Services
- Best North Carolina LLC Formation Services
- Best North Dakota LLC Formation Services
- Best Ohio LLC Formation Services
- Best Oklahoma LLC Formation Services
- Best Oregon LLC Formation Services
- Best Pennsylvania LLC Formation Services
- Best Rhode Island LLC Formation Services
- Best South Carolina LLC Formation Services
- Best South Dakota LLC Formation Services
- Best Tennessee LLC Formation Services
- Best Texas LLC Formation Services
- Best Utah LLC Formation Services
- Best Vermont LLC Formation Services
- Best Virginia LLC Formation Services
- Best Washington LLC Formation Services
- Best West Virginia LLC Formation Services
- Best Wisconsin LLC Formation Services
- Best Wyoming LLC Formation Services
Having a professional service to form your LLC in Iowa is much better than doing it yourself. It is hassle-free, and there is no chance of making mistakes while filing your business. This article lists the best LLC formation services in Iowa. Before you select one, make sure you compare the price, services, and features properly.