In the world of business formation, expertise and professionalism are crucial for success. Limited Liability Companies (LLCs) are a prime example of a business structure that requires streamlined, yet professional documentation. To ensure your LLC is established properly, it’s essential to partner with a top-notch service provider.
Navigating the vast array of LLC services available can be overwhelming, to say the least. To make your decision-making process smoother, we have curated a list of the finest LLC service providers in the industry. In this comprehensive guide, you’ll find an in-depth analysis of each provider’s features, advantages, disadvantages, and pricing structures to help you make an informed choice.
As for the Limited Liability Company, choosing the best business formation services are extremely mandatory, especially if you want to keep away from the hustle of forming a business entity all on your own.
On this page, we discuss the top services you need for your LLC form of business. These are the best LLC service you can have, and hence, after quite a good comparison, you wouldn’t have any doubt about whom to choose.
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
Best LLC Services of June 2023
We have listed down five different LLC service companies that will help you through the entire process of LLC formation, be it in Connecticut or Wyoming. After much research, we have decided on these five names, which will most certainly help you establish a wonderful business and gain more profits.
- LegalZoom: LegalZoom is the most popular and reputed company when it comes to business and corporate law.
- BetterLegal: This is the best company in the industry if you want transparency and knowing all updates and progress regarding your service.
- TailorBrands: Tailor Brand is one of the best service providers as it offers a wholesome business package, including logo making, branding, and so on, at such a low cost.
- ZenBusiness: We picked ZenBusiness as one of the best LLC services. It offers LLC formation at $0. This is one of the best service providers for all types of businesses, all thanks to the affordable formation packages and high experience.
- Northwest Registered Agent: This is the best option for small businesses as it has only one plan and other add-ons.
Other Services Provided
These companies are also involved in providing several other types of services that we have discussed here, like:
- Forming nonprofit organizations
- Providing help to form the sole proprietorship business
- Filing for the DBA or the “doing business as” names
- Forming different S-corporations and C-corporations
Best LLC Service Breakdown
We have already mentioned the companies which we think will be best for your LLC formation process. However, in this section, we will describe the operating procedures of these companies along with several other relevant information pieces.
- LLC Formation at $0 (+state fee)
- Trustworthy and established reputation
- Comprehensive and user-friendly website
- Access to legal professionals
- Customer support available through phone or chat
- Higher pricing compared to some competitors
- Some additional fees not included in plan prices
- Mixed customer reviews
- Service Quality: 4.8/5
- Turnaround Time: 4.5/5
- Pricing: 4.5/5
- Customer Feedback: 4.8/5
- User Friendly: 4.8/5
Overall Rating: 4.8/5
LegalZoom Pricing Packages
- Basic Plan: $0 + State Fees
- Pro Plan: $249 + State Fees
- Premium Plan: $279 + State Fees
LegalZoom offers a free LLC service that makes it a popular one among small businesses. Their basic package does not charge any service fee for forming an LLC. However, you may have to bear the filing fee charged by the State. Based on the state you are selecting, these fees might have tax deductions. Hence, you might start your LLC at zero cost with LegalZoom.
LegalZoom offers a standalone registered agent as an add-on; hence, if you don’t form your LLC, you can still purchase their registered agent service as an add-on. In their premium plan, you will get everything you need to start and maintain a business. Their main forte is legal services. In every premium package, you will enjoy 30-min of legal consultations.
- It offers a free LLC formation service.
- Registered Agent service comes without any package as an add-on.
- With the Pro and Premium plan, 30-mins of legal consultation is available.
LegalZoom is one of the most popular free LLC formation services. Compared to other free services available, LegalZoom is not much cheaper. However, their legal support, attorney services, and other business-related legal documentation are the reasons why people keep coming back to LegalZoom. Read LegalZoom Review to know more about the price and services they offer.
- Comparatively low price
- A flexible customer chat service. Their website has a 24×7 chat service
- BetterLegal keeps updating its customers about the progress of their service
- Their website is easy to use, and the process of signing up is smooth.
- Registered agent service is not available in any of their packages.
- No refund. All sales are final.
- Service Quality: 4/5
- Turnaround Time: 3.5/5
- Pricing: 4/5
- Customer Feedback: 4/5
- User Friendly: 3.5/5
Overall Rating: 3.8/5
BetterLegal Pricing Packages
BetterLegal offers a flat price of $299 for their service. To file an LLC or corporation, the user has to pay $299 + the state filing fee to BetterLegal. This price includes the services such as filing a certificate of formation, operating agreement, getting an EIN, and other bank & important document filing. For the registered agent, BetterLegal charges a rate of $10 per month or $90 per year.
BetterLegal offers a single flat price for all the services. At $299 + State fees, one can get all the services including LLC formation, operating agreement, and so on. There is no hidden cost or ‘free trial’ in BetteLegal.
To get the Registered Agent service, one has to pay a bare minimum of $10 a month or $90 a year. They have comparatively cheaper registered agent service than other competitors.
- Whether it is an LLC or a corporation, you can easily form one with BetterLegal.
- BetterLegal offers a flat price of $299 with no hidden cost.
- BetterLegal offers a resource center. They have several articles on forming businesses by the experts. Users can search and read those articles for their references.
- Great customer chat service in BetterLegal. Users can directly chat with their executives from BetterLegal’s Website.
BetterLegal is another LLC formation services provider. Like other premium services, BetterLegal too does not offer any free LLC formation. It offers a flat price like Northwest with no additional or hidden charges. BetterLegal service has smooth customer support. You can chat with them directly from their official website. To know more about BetterLegal LLC formation service you can read this BetterLegal Review.
- 100% accuracy for LLC formation
- Low-cost LLC services
- Exceptional customer support
- Personalized service
- Positive customer reviews (TrustPilot)
- Hassle and stress-free LLC formation
- No business domain (separate package)
- Not BBB Accredited
- Service Quality: 4.5/5
- Turnaround Time: 5/5
- Customer Feedback: 4.8/5
- User Friendly: 4.9/5
Overall Rating: 4.8/5
TailorBrands Pricing Packages
- Single Plan: $49 + State Fees
TailorBrands was founded in 2015 in New York City, by a group of business owners looking to democratize branding and create an affordable space for small business owners to grow. Through this idea, TailorBrands was created.
TailorBrands is continuing to expand, offering a wide range of automated services including LLC formation, logo creation, social media, merchandise design, and more. Over 30 million people have used TailorBrands to start a business worldwide. As their services continue to expand, small businesses will be able to find everything they need to start and grow their business with TailorBrands.
- It offers a single plan that includes basic LLC formation services.
- Registered Agent service does not come with the basic plan.
- Other packages offer logo making, domain name, and other business and marketing plans to grow your business.
TailorBrands is one company that offers a wholesome package to start your business. Along with forming your LLC, you can get other important services like company logo, business domain, marketing, and branding elements for your business. TailorBrands offer a single LLC formation plan at $49. However, their add-ons make the final bill slightly more than other competitors. To know more about their service and packages, read TailorBrands Review.
- 100% accuracy in forming an LLC
- Fastest and easiest
- 5-star customer feedback on Trustpilot
- 200,000 new businesses formed through ZenBusiness
- Standalone Registered Agent Service
- User-friendly Service
- Reliable & devoted to high-quality Customer Service
- ZenBusiness does not offer non-profit formation.
- An additional cost of obtaining EIN
- Service Quality: 4/5
- Turnaround Time: 4.5/5
- Pricing: 4/5
- Customer Feedback: 4/5
- User Friendly: 4.5/5
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
ZenBusiness Pricing Packages
- Starter plan $0 + State fees,
- Pro plan $199/year + State Fee, and
- Premium package $299/year + State Fee
Pro and Premium packages are annual plans and get auto-renewed. We recommend Pro Package. The EIN and Registered Agent services are available separately.
ZenBusiness is our top choice for the best LLC services available. Because of its best budget service and 100% accuracy guarantee, ZenBusiness has become one of the most popular LLC services. It offers 3 packages, among which Pro Package is the most useful (our recommendation).
ZenBusiness offers a low-cost starter plan. Many LLC services offer free LLC formation. We choose ZenBusiness over the free ones because ZenBusiness’s starter pack includes all the basic requirements like the LLC formation, operating agreement draft, and above all, a 100% accuracy guarantee. Except for the Starter Pack, the rest of the packs get auto-renewed automatically yearly.
- Once you book the registered agent services, you will be offered the service for $199/year (Pro Package). No additional cost will be needed after that until the company is fully formed.
- The premium package offers multiple options and expedited filings like EIN, domain, name, and compliance guarantee.
- You can get a CPA assessment record to understand the formation’s finances and costs.
ZenBusiness offers almost all the services that are required to form an LLC. ZenBusiness is in the second position because it does not have a free LLC formation service. However, it offers all these free and premium services at $0. To know more about ZenBusiness services and different packages, read my honest ZenBusiness Review.
Northwest Registered Agent
- Fast Service
- Outstanding Customer Review
- Flat rate for all services
- Start and maintain businesses
- Lifetime guide service
- Transparent pricing
- Their basic pack does not include an operating agreement
- An additional cost of obtaining EIN
- Service Quality: 4.5/5
- Turnaround Time: 4/5
- Pricing: 4/5
- Customer Feedback: 4.5/5
- User Friendly: 4/5
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Northwest Pricing Packages
- Starter plan $39 + State fees
- Premium Registered Agent Service plan $125
Northwest Registered Agent provides the formation and maintenance of the LLC. At $225 (+ State fees), you will get a registered agent service along with LLC formation and maintenance of your business. Northwest offers Corporate Guides who will be appointed to look after your business.
These corporate guides come for free and are in-house employees. It means Northwest does not outsource any of its services, including corporate guides. Hence, there is no chance of selling or breaching personal data. With registered agents, you do not have to disclose your phone number or address publicly.
- It offers Registered Agent service, LLC formation, and maintenance at $225 + State fees.
- You can start your LLC for as low as $39 + State fees with Northwest.
- They have in-house Corporate Guides to help you through your business. It comes at no additional fee.
- With their in-house guides, your personal as well as professional data is safe.
Northwest Registered Agent service has a flat rate for LLC formation and registered agent service. Though they have a higher price than other competitive companies, their user review and transparency in price are incredible. Northwest does not have any free LLC service. It offers a basic LLC formation service charge that might look costlier than others, but there are no hidden charges. For more information on pricing and plans, you can read the Northwest Registered Agent Review.
Importance of Professional LLC Formation Companies
Before finding out the best business formation services, it will be much better to know why hiring a professional will help you with your plan of LLC business structures.
The first reason why professional services are essential for forming an LLC business is the reduced hassles of forming the business entity all on your own. Neither will you have to think about protecting your personal assets but also you will easily get the business licenses without any hurdle.
Easy registration and licensing
With the license research package provided by most of the Harvard business services, you will be able to complete all the requirements of the legal documents for the entire formation process. Also, you won’t have to worry about filing for the license because professional companies such as services will do it on your behalf.
Reduced formation cost
No matter what type of business formation we’re talking about, there is a huge capital investment involved. A vast majority of business owners get really worried about drafting a proper budget plan that will help their operating procedure swiftly without any problem. However, without any proper level of experience, it can be very difficult for them. That’s why you need professional services which will guide you in proper Limited liability company formation with reduced expenses.
Easy access to registered agent service
If you want to enjoy uninterrupted access to the best Registered Agent service, you will need help from professional services. A Registered Agent is very important for all the new LLC companies, and hence you need to hire professional services like Northwest Registered Agent. Not only can you hire the best Registered Agent but also enjoy their services even after the formation of your business.
The best option for entrepreneurs
If you are an entrepreneur, you need help from the best professional service provider. In fact, millions of clients actually look for a professional LLC that has been formed in the best way, and that can only be done when you are hiring a well-known LLC formation service.
Multiple company formation packages
Among the main benefits of hiring professional businesses is that you can avail different package options. Starting from the basic packages to the premium package, lots of choices will be there which will help you establish the best LLC in your chosen domain.
How We Chose Best LLC Services
With so many different online LLC services now present in the industry, it can be really difficult to choose the best one. We have researched a lot, read the reviews from millions of customers, and then only we have concluded on five such businesses which have thousands of reviews than negative ones.
In order to choose the best organization for forming a properly limited liability partnership, you need to look into these guidelines.
- Looking into the feedback from the clients
- Getting to know more about the formation service package
- Full customer support hours
- Earner of positive customer reviews
- Give access to a reputed business attorney.
Important Factors for Choosing Best LLC Service
When you want to start a limited liability company, you must hire an LLC service provider. If you sit back and start searching for such companies, you will get plenty of them. Inevitably, everyone would claim to be the best LLC service. Of course, you cannot make your decision on the basis of what they say, but what you think is right for your LLC. We have shared the list of the best Limited Liability Company service. Before you select the one from the list, consider the following points,
- Customer Service: The very first thing is the customer service review of the companies you are selecting. It is recommended to choose the one that has better customer service reviews. ZenBusiness is one of those companies that have incredible customer reviews.
- Registered Agent Service: Hiring a registered agent is mandatory to form your limited liability company. Check the price and experience of the registered agent service companies are providing. Compare their pricing and explore options, and finally, choose the one that is best for your organization.
- Pricing and Subscription: Another important factor is the pricing and subscription plans these companies offer. Some of the companies offer services at zero price. That means the customer only has to pay the state filing fee and taxes (if any). Incfile and Inc Authority are two such companies.
- Other Company Factors: Some other factors such as their methodology, turnaround time, company refund policy, and hidden fee if there are any should be evaluated before you select a service company. Companies like ZenBusiness have a better turnaround time than Rocket Lawyer. On the other side, pricing in LegalZoom is much higher than in Incfile.
A Quick Guide to Forming the Best LLC
With the best business partner, you can form an LLC in no time. Here is a small guide that will guide you through the entire process.
- First, you need to choose a proper business name following all the rules and regulations of the state you are planning to open the company in. Guarantee that you checked the directory for choosing a name that will suit your LLC.
- Choosing a properly registered agent is your next step, and here, the professional company will guide you since they will give you access to the agent for one year free.
- You need to get the EIN or Social Security number for enjoying the tax liabilities and opening a banking account.
- Forming the operating agreement is the next step you have to think about to get a reliable customer base, especially if you are planning to open a foreign LLC.
- The Articles of Organization should be prepared as it is one of the formation documents needed to register your LLC with the Secretary of State in the US.
What is the Best US State to Get an LLC
The best state to get an LLC is your home state. You can consider Kentucky as the filing fee is just $40. Wyoming is also a great option to choose as it has great tax benefits.
When it comes to forming an Limited Liability Company (LLC) in the United States, there are a number of states that stand out for their business-friendly regulatory environments. Each state has its own set of laws and unique benefits to offer entrepreneurs when it comes to incorporating their businesses in the state. While many factors come into play when considering which state may be best for a new LLC, there are definitely some factors that would tip the scales in favor of one state or another.
One good place to start is to analyze the tax climate in a particular state. This is where Delaware stands out, thanks to its low taxes. Delaware is known for having some of the most business-friendly regulations in the country, including the lowest corporate income tax in the nation and no state sales tax. Additionally, there’s a well-developed legal system and support for innovative businesses, making it a very appealing destination for startups.
Another metric to consider is proximity to customers. Generally, having a business presence near your customer base is ideal. This applies not just in terms of management, but also in terms of mail and legal filings. For those businesses that need to be closely located to their customers, consider forming an LLC in California, which is home to the largest economy in the U.S. As one of the most populous and diverse states in the country, California has a nearly endless list of business opportunities and a robust corporate infrastructure to match.
If you’re looking to save on Formation fees and annual fees, the state of Wyoming fits the bill nicely. Beyond reflecting the state’s legendary laissez-faire attitudes toward regulation, forming an LLC in Wyoming is often cheaper than other states, making it an attractive option for startups and smaller operations. This is partly due to the fact that Wyoming has no annual franchise tax fees, and its rules supporting LLC formations are quite relaxed.
For companies operating on a budget looking to minimize tax exposure and streamline the incorporation process, there’s an argument to be made for going with Nevada. Despite generating a much smaller GDP than powerhouses like California, Florida, Georgia or Texas, in recent years Nevada has become a no-brainer for upfront costs. That’s thanks in part to the $75 fee that it charges for initial filings with the state. Additionally, those annual fees that are often assessed in other jurisdictions are absent, and taxes are low or absent on a variety of mandatory business costs.
The bottom line is that a particular state’s regulations, corporate-friendly atmosphere or geographic proximity are going to weigh differently for different business owners. Take your time to research which state may offer the greatest number of benefits for your particular industry or business model before making any decisions. Forming a modern-day LLC is a liberty many burgeoning entrepreneurs don’t always get to exercise, so it’s important that when the moment does arise, careful consideration be given. Flipping the tables and scaling the companies that build American industry literally- maybe just a hop across a state line away.
If you want to choose the best standing company for getting varied legal advice plans, ZenBusiness and BetterLegal are the ideal choices since they have a wide range of collection of business attorneys.
LegalZoom and Incfile are the two most expensive options in the business services industry. However, they provide the best services and hence would never disappoint you. Perhaps you should always go for a company providing your additional services at a standard package that comes with excellent customer support.
Every specialist in LLC formation will give you advice on taxation issues, and hence you will be able to avoid government tax penalties easily. You will also be able to file the tax on time, and hence no dues will be levied on your business.
There are several attributes that will affect the LLC formation company, but one of them is the operating agreement. With this, you will never be able to form the perfect incorporation to protect your assets.
- Best Alabama LLC Formation Service
- Best Alaska LLC Formation Service
- Best Arizona LLC Formation Service
- Best Arkansas LLC Formation Service
- Best California LLC Formation Service
- Best Colorado LLC Formation Service
- Best Connecticut LLC Formation Service
- Best DC LLC Formation Service
- Best Delaware LLC Formation Service
- Best Florida LLC Formation Service
- Best Georgia LLC Formation Service
- Best Hawaii LLC Formation Service
- Best Idaho LLC Formation Service
- Best Illinois LLC Formation Service
- Best Indiana LLC Formation Service
- Best Iowa LLC Formation Service
- Best Kansas LLC Formation Service
- Best Kentucky LLC Formation Service
- Best Louisiana LLC Formation Service
- Best Maine LLC Formation Service
- Best Maryland LLC Formation Service
- Best Massachusetts LLC Formation Service
- Best Michigan LLC Formation Service
- Best Minnesota LLC Formation Service
- Best Mississippi LLC Formation Service
- Best Missouri LLC Formation Service
- Best Montana LLC Formation Service
- Best Nebraska LLC Formation Service
- Best Nevada LLC Formation Service
- Best New Hampshire LLC Formation Service
- Best New Jersey LLC Formation Service
- Best New Mexico LLC Formation Service
- Best New York LLC Formation Service
- Best North Carolina LLC Formation Service
- Best North Dakota LLC Formation Service
- Best Ohio LLC Formation Service
- Best Oklahoma LLC Formation Service
- Best Oregon LLC Formation Service
- Best Pennsylvania LLC Formation Service
- Best Rhode Island LLC Formation Service
- Best South Carolina LLC Formation Service
- Best South Dakota LLC Formation Service
- Best Tennessee LLC Formation Service
- Best Texas LLC Formation Service
- Best Utah LLC Formation Service
- Best Vermont LLC Formation Service
- Best Virginia LLC Formation Service
- Best Washington LLC Formation Service
- Best West Virginia LLC Formation Service
- Best Wisconsin LLC Formation Service
- Best Wyoming LLC Formation Service
Choosing the best LLC services can be difficult as there are several factors involved here. However, if you have your requirements clear then it would be easy. On this page, you will find the best available LLC services. Compare the prices and services to get the best-fitted LLC formation service for your organization. I have listed down the top LLC services here in this article. Share your thoughts below in the comment section and tell us how you find this article useful.