Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS) Statistics

Steve Goldstein
Steve Goldstein
Business Formation Expert
Steve Goldstein runs LLCBuddy, helping entrepreneurs set up their LLCs easily. He offers clear guides, articles, and FAQs to simplify the process. His team keeps everything accurate and current, focusing on state rules, registered agents, and compliance. Steve’s passion for helping businesses grow makes LLCBuddy a go-to resource for starting and managing an LLC.

All Posts by Steve Goldstein →
Business Formation Expert  |   Fact Checked by Editorial Staff
Last updated: 
LLCBuddy™ offers informative content for educational purposes only, not as a substitute for professional legal or tax advice. We may earn commissions if you use the services we recommend on this site.
At LLCBuddy, we don't just offer information; we provide a curated experience backed by extensive research and expertise. Led by Steve Goldstein, a seasoned expert in the LLC formation sector, our platform is built on years of hands-on experience and a deep understanding of the nuances involved in establishing and running an LLC. We've navigated the intricacies of the industry, sifted through the complexities, and packaged our knowledge into a comprehensive, user-friendly guide. Our commitment is to empower you with reliable, up-to-date, and actionable insights, ensuring you make informed decisions. With LLCBuddy, you're not just getting a tutorial; you're gaining a trustworthy partner for your entrepreneurial journey.

Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS) Statistics 2023: Facts about Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS) outlines the context of what’s happening in the tech world.

LLCBuddy editorial team did hours of research, collected all important statistics on Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS), and shared those on this page. Our editorial team proofread these to make the data as accurate as possible. We believe you don’t need to check any other resources on the web for the same. You should get everything here only 🙂

Are you planning to form an LLC? Maybe for educational purposes, business research, or personal curiosity, whatever the reason is – it’s always a good idea to gather more information about tech topics like this.

How much of an impact will Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS) Statistics have on your day-to-day? or the day-to-day of your LLC Business? How much does it matter directly or indirectly? You should get answers to all your questions here.

Please read the page carefully and don’t miss any words.

Top Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS) Statistics 2023

☰ Use “CTRL+F” to quickly find statistics. There are total 7 Intrusion Detection And Prevention Systems (Idps) Statistics on this page 🙂

Intrusion Detection And Prevention Systems (IDPS) “Latest” Statistics

  • Based on study findings of 24 network assaults separated into DOS, Probe, Remote-to-Local, and user-to-root categories, the NIDS system can identify and classify attacks with an average accuracy of 99.9%.[1]
  • With a market share of almost 75% worldwide, android is the most widely used mobile operating system, making it a target for attackers.[2]
  • If the border is set at 0.9 and the threshold is set to a number that covers 90% of the training data as the normality zone, the remaining 10% of the training data is presumed to be outliers, such as data that came from noise or anomalies.[2]
  • HIDROID uses only 3.8% of the host mobile device’s CPU and 2% of its battery, therefore it puts a little strain on the device’s processing power.[2]
  • Using Euclidian distance, a spherical threshold covers 98% of the training data while leaving the remaining 2% of outliers to lie outside the border.[2]
  • The border between 80% and 100% had been changed when the boundary is 95%, to calculate the outlier threshold.[2]
  • The premium SKU can grow easily up to 30Gbps and interact with availability zones to satisfy the service level agreement SLA of 99.99%, just like the standard SKU can.[3]

Also Read

How Useful is Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems Idps

IDPS are security tools designed to detect and prevent unauthorized access to a computer network. These systems monitor network traffic and search for signs of malicious activity, such as abnormal or suspicious behavior. When potential threats are identified, the IDPS can take action to block or mitigate the attack, helping to safeguard the network and its resources.

The usefulness of IDPS cannot be understated. By continuously monitoring network traffic and identifying potential threats in real-time, these systems provide organizations with an added layer of defense against cyber attacks. This proactive approach to security helps to minimize the impact of incidents and reduce the risk of data breaches.

One of the key advantages of IDPS is their ability to provide organizations with greater visibility into their networks. By analyzing network traffic and patterns, these systems can help organizations identify vulnerabilities and potential weak points in their security posture. This insight is invaluable in helping organizations to proactively address security risks and strengthen their defenses.

Another benefit of IDPS is their ability to automate the detection and response to security threats. In a world where cyber attacks are becoming increasingly sophisticated and frequent, the speed at which organizations can respond to threats is crucial. IDPS can help organizations to quickly identify and mitigate security incidents, minimizing downtime and potential damage.

In addition to proactive threat detection, IDPS can also help organizations to comply with industry regulations and standards. Many regulatory bodies require organizations to have adequate security measures in place to protect sensitive information. By implementing IDPS, organizations can demonstrate their commitment to cybersecurity and ensure compliance with data protection regulations.

While IDPS are a valuable tool in the fight against cyber threats, they do have their limitations. Like any security measure, IDPS are not foolproof and may not be able to prevent all types of attacks. Organizations must supplement their IDPS with other security measures, such as firewalls, antivirus software, and regular security audits, to ensure comprehensive protection.

Furthermore, the effectiveness of IDPS depends on the level of customization and tuning to suit the specific needs and requirements of the organization. Without proper configuration and maintenance, IDPS may generate false positives or miss critical threats, leading to gaps in security.

Overall, Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems are a crucial component of a comprehensive cybersecurity strategy. By providing organizations with real-time threat detection and automated response capabilities, IDPS help to strengthen defenses, protect valuable data, and minimize the impact of cyber attacks. Organizations should view IDPS as an essential tool in their security arsenal, along with other security measures, to effectively safeguard their networks from cyber threats.


  1. wikipedia –
  2. ieee –
  3. microsoft –

Leave a Comment