At LLCBuddy, we don't just offer information; we provide a curated experience backed by extensive research and expertise. Led by Steve Goldstein, a seasoned expert in the LLC formation sector, our platform is built on years of hands-on experience and a deep understanding of the nuances involved in establishing and running an LLC. We've navigated the intricacies of the industry, sifted through the complexities, and packaged our knowledge into a comprehensive, user-friendly guide. Our commitment is to empower you with reliable, up-to-date, and actionable insights, ensuring you make informed decisions. With LLCBuddy, you're not just getting a tutorial; you're gaining a trustworthy partner for your entrepreneurial journey.
Virginia Crime Statistics 2023: Facts about Crime in Virginia reflect the current socio-economic condition of the state.
LLCBuddy editorial team did hours of research, collected all important statistics on Virginia Crime, and shared those on this page. Our editorial team proofread these to make the data as accurate as possible. We believe you don’t need to check any other resources on the web for the same. You should get everything here only 🙂
Are you planning to start a Virginia LLC business in 2023? Maybe for educational purposes, business research, or personal curiosity, whatever it is – it’s always a good idea to gather more information.
How much of an impact will Virginia Crime Statistics have on your day-to-day? or the day-to-day of your LLC Business? How much does it matter directly or indirectly? You should get answers to all your questions here.
Please read the page carefully and don’t miss any word.
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
Top Virginia Crime Statistics 2023☰ Use “CTRL+F” to quickly find statistics. There are total 26 Virginia Crime Statistics on this page 🙂
Virginia Crime “Latest” Statistics
- In Virginia, burglaries account for barely 9% of all property crimes, compared to 16% nationwide.
- Virginia’s number of reported homicides increased from 428 to 528, which is an increase of 23.4%.
- 59% of Americans say that crime is an extremely severe or very serious problem in America.
- Bedford recorded 65% fewer property crimes year-over-year, which was the highest decrease in property crime rates.
- FBI statistics show that 1.3 million violent crimes were recorded in total in 2020, or 388 per 100,000 inhabitants, a 5% rise over 2019.
- Even as murders rose, the overall violent crime rate was down in 2020 in Virginia; according to the FBI, there was a 2.8% decrease, and VSP reported a 1.9% decrease.
- The property crime rate decreased by the most in three years, from 16.5 incidences per 1,000 persons to 14.6—a 12% increase over the previous year.
- The group of violent crimes in Virginia, which include rapes and murders, sexual assaults, robberies, and aggravated assaults, showed an overall increase of 7.1%.
- Although 37% of respondents indicated crime is increasing where they live, 70% of Americans feel crime is increasing nationwide.
- The FBI published figures on violent crime for 2020, and they showed a 5.6% spike over the prior year.
- Virginia sees a larger proportion of larceny thefts, comprising 82% of property crime, than most of the U.S. at 71%.
- The percentage of Virginians who feel secure in their state is 53%, slightly below the national average of 55%, despite increased everyday concerns about crime and safety.
- 77.4% of recorded bias-motivated crimes included violence, whether it be basic or violent, or property destruction, damage, or vandalism.
- The safest cities had a property crime rate of 13.0 occurrences per 1,000 people, which is 11% lower than the state average of 14.6.
- Violent crime crimes in Virginia decreased by 1.9% in 2020 compared to 2019.
- In Virginia, daily concern about safety and crime increased by 17 percentage points this survey year.
- Virginia is one of only five states where overall crime rates actually decreased by over 10%.
- In 2020, there were 190 hate crime incidents with 193 victims, which is a 27% increase over 2019.
- According to a 2020 crime report from the Virginia state police, the number of recorded killings in the state rose by 23.4% over the previous year.
- Virginia has recently seen a decline in property crime, yet 46% of poll respondents still fear it may happen to them.
Virginia Crime “Other” Statistics
- The 10,464 recorded burglaries and attempts in 2021 represented a 166% decrease from a decade earlier.
- Nearly all drug categories had a decline in reports of seizures, but marijuana saw the biggest drop (31.7%).
- The murder rate in Virginia increased by nearly 17% between 2019 and 2020.
- In Virginia, there was a 22% drop in rapes and a 16% drop in robberies.
- In Virginia in 2020, there were 524 homicides, a 23% increase over the 426 homicides that occurred in the state in 2019.
- The VSP crime report in Virginia indicates that the increase in murders was really 23% year over year.
- Alabama Crime Statistics
- Alaska Crime Statistics
- Arizona Crime Statistics
- Arkansas Crime Statistics
- California Crime Statistics
- Colorado Crime Statistics
- Connecticut Crime Statistics
- Delaware Crime Statistics
- Georgia Crime Statistics
- Hawaii Crime Statistics
- Idaho Crime Statistics
- Illinois Crime Statistics
- Indiana Crime Statistics
- Iowa Crime Statistics
- Kansas Crime Statistics
- Kentucky Crime Statistics
- Louisiana Crime Statistics
- Maine Crime Statistics
- Maryland Crime Statistics
- Massachusetts Crime Statistics
- Michigan Crime Statistics
- Minnesota Crime Statistics
- Mississippi Crime Statistics
- Missouri Crime Statistics
- Montana Crime Statistics
- Nebraska Crime Statistics
- Nevada Crime Statistics
- New Hampshire Crime Statistics
- New Jersey Crime Statistics
- New Mexico Crime Statistics
- New York Crime Statistics
- North Carolina Crime Statistics
- North Dakota Crime Statistics
- Ohio Crime Statistics
- Oklahoma Crime Statistics
- Oregon Crime Statistics
- Pennsylvania Crime Statistics
- Rhode Island Crime Statistics
- South Carolina Crime Statistics
- Tennessee Crime Statistics
- Texas Crime Statistics
- Utah Crime Statistics
- Vermont Crime Statistics
- Virginia Crime Statistics
- Washington Crime Statistics
- West Virginia Crime Statistics
- Wisconsin Crime Statistics
- Wyoming Crime Statistics
- District of Columbia Crime Statistics
- safewise –
- wdbj7 –
- vadogwood –
- 247wallst –
- virginiamercury –
- 13newsnow –
- wvtf –
- nbc12 –