At LLCBuddy, we don't just offer information; we provide a curated experience backed by extensive research and expertise. Led by Steve Goldstein, a seasoned expert in the LLC formation sector, our platform is built on years of hands-on experience and a deep understanding of the nuances involved in establishing and running an LLC. We've navigated the intricacies of the industry, sifted through the complexities, and packaged our knowledge into a comprehensive, user-friendly guide. Our commitment is to empower you with reliable, up-to-date, and actionable insights, ensuring you make informed decisions. With LLCBuddy, you're not just getting a tutorial; you're gaining a trustworthy partner for your entrepreneurial journey.
Have you thought of starting a business in Texas? With its diverse population [by 2023 data, it is 30,345,487], thriving industries, and supportive business environment, Texas has become a hotbed for innovation and growth. Whether you have a revolutionary idea, a passion for a particular industry, or are simply seeking an opportunity to be your own boss, there is no better time to explore the best businesses to start in Texas. When it comes to starting a business, it is necessary to decide on the structure first. You can form a corporation, a sole proprietorship, a partnership, or can create an LLC in Texas.
In this article, we will delve into the various industries that are currently flourishing in Texas and highlight the top business opportunities within each sector. From eco-friendly ventures to tech start-ups and from healthcare to hospitality, we will provide valuable insights and guidance on identifying the most promising and best businesses to start in Texas. So, if you’re ready to take the plunge and embark on an entrepreneurial journey, read on and get inspired!
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
Why Start a Business in Texas?
There are many reasons why many individuals would want to start a business in Texas. With its gentle climate and being one of the most populated states in the U.S., it has excellent conditions for businesses to thrive. That’s the main reason plenty of retail establishments operate in the state.
On a different note, Texas is also one of the technologically advanced states in the U.S. that shows more accessible means of accounting, product development, manufacturing, and delivering products to customers on top of easy access to fully utilizing the supply and demand chain in the big market. This is also one of the reasons why the e-commerce industry is also booming in the state.
Now that we have mentioned all the positive attributes of why the state is excellent for starting a business, it’s time to discuss the top 5 best businesses in the state to venture into. Let’s get to it.
The Best Businesses to Start in Texas
In Texas, the overall business environment is quite friendly. For a beginner, starting a business with fewer close competitors is always wise. For example, local products, food businesses, or something similar that is highly in demand, yet cost-effective in Texas. Here are the best businesses in Texas that can be a good option to start with-
1. Real Estate Business
If you plan to set up a business in Texas, Real Estate Business will be the best option. The Real Estate Business sector has developed significantly across the state in recent years. As far as the cost of the business is concerned, it is comparatively cheaper as Texas provides tax benefits to the start-ups. Besides, if you start an LLC for your Real Estate Business business, you can enjoy pass-through taxation and other benefits.
2. Gift Shop
Gift Shop is in the second position when it comes to the best business list in Texas. If you’re in Austin that is the state’s capital, having this business can make a lot of difference to your career and revenue. Gift Shop is highly in demand in Texas and cost-effective. So, if you are planning to set up your own business in Texas, Gift Shop can be a smart option.
3. Coffee Shop
In Texas, setting up Coffee Shop is easy and perfect for the ones who are looking for long-term business. Every year, more than thousands of entrepreneurs set up this business in Texas. Texas government offers subsidies for the ones starting business in Texas. If you hire people in your company, you might get employment benefits for providing job opportunities.
4. Cleaning Service
The next one is Cleaning Service to start in Texas. As we know, Texas is one of those states that provide good infrastructure to start any business at any cost. Hence, starting a Cleaning Service business is also not difficult. To start this business, check with the state and local government for licenses and permits.
5. Daycare center
Finally, you can start Daycare center business in Texas. Though it is in the 5th position, it has high potential in Texas. It is common, and the best part of starting Daycare center is the availability of initial raw materials (basic production material) in Texas. Hence, you don’t need huge initial capital to start this business.
These are the 5 best businesses LLCBuddy Team shortlisted as the best to start in Texas. Compared to other businesses, these businesses have a huge demand for their services and worth and don’t have high start-up costs.
What to Do After Deciding on a Business To Start in Texas
After everything has been decided, it’s time to start the legal proceedings to successfully launch your business in Texas. You must choose a legal business structure, for example, a limited liability company (LLC), a corporation, a partnership, a sole proprietorship, etc. While this may vary between states, the typical processes are as follows:
Deciding on a Legal Structure
First, you must decide what type of business structure you want for your business. You can protect your personal assets from your business liabilities by forming an LLC in Texas. Besides, you can start a sole proprietorship or an S-corp if you want to set up a small business.
Choosing a Business Name
The next step is to get a business name. Ensure you get a name not used by any other entity in the state. If you plan to start an LLC in Texas, you can check the Texas LLC name guidelines and search process before you name your business.
Get Your Texas Registered Agent
This is one of the most crucial steps in forming any business in Texas. You must get a legit Registered Agent for your business. The Texas Registered Agent is a person responsible for handling your official and legal documents on your behalf. Ensure your Registered Agent has rights to conduct business in Texas and they have a physical address anywhere in the state.
Registering your Business Entity
After assigning the Registered Agent, you must register your business. If you are forming a corporation, you must file the Texas Certificate of Formation – For Profit Corporation. On the other hand, if you are forming an LLC, you must file Texas Certificate of Formation with the Texas Secretary of State. You can file it online or offline, whichever is available for you.
Once your business is registered (if registered as an LLC), you might need to prepare an operating agreement. The Texas LLC operating agreement may or may not be required for LLCs. You must check with the Texas Secretary of State for more details. On the other hand, if you registered your business as a corporation, you must hold a first board meeting with the initial directors and partners of the company.
After Setting up Your Business in Texas
As soon as you set up your business in Texas, you must consider the following points-
- Applying for Licenses and permits: The next step is to apply for the licenses and permits in Texas. Based on the nature of your business, license and permits are required to obtain. Checking with the local county/city authority for special licenses is recommended.
- Register for Required Texas Taxes: Once you file your business, apply for state and federal taxes. For that, you must apply to obtain an Employment Identification Number (EIN). To obtain an EIN, you must apply online, by mail, or by fax to IRS. Before you apply for your EIN, check if your business needs to obtain EIN.
- Obtaining Business Insurance: Protecting your business from any unpleasant events or losses is required. In that case, you should obtain business insurance. If you hire employees in your company, you must get employee coverage to protect them.
- Opening a Business Bank Account: Finally, get a business bank account to separate your business and personal transactions. Having a business bank account can improve your credit score. That brings more credit and loan opportunities to your business.
- Best Businesses To Start In Alabama
- Best Businesses To Start In Alaska
- Best Businesses To Start In Arizona
- Best Businesses To Start In Arkansas
- Best Businesses To Start In California
- Best Businesses To Start In Colorado
- Best Businesses To Start In Connecticut
- Best Businesses To Start In DC
- Best Businesses To Start In Delaware
- Best Businesses To Start In Florida
- Best Businesses To Start In Georgia
- Best Businesses To Start In Hawaii
- Best Businesses To Start In Idaho
- Best Businesses To Start In Illinois
- Best Businesses To Start In Indiana
- Best Businesses To Start In Iowa
- Best Businesses To Start In Kansas
- Best Businesses To Start In Kentucky
- Best Businesses To Start In Louisiana
- Best Businesses To Start In Maine
- Best Businesses To Start In Maryland
- Best Businesses To Start In Massachusetts
- Best Businesses To Start In Michigan
- Best Businesses To Start In Minnesota
- Best Businesses To Start In Mississippi
- Best Businesses To Start In Missouri
- Best Businesses To Start In Montana
- Best Businesses To Start In Nebraska
- Best Businesses To Start In Nevada
- Best Businesses To Start In New Hampshire
- Best Businesses To Start In New Jersey
- Best Businesses To Start In New Mexico
- Best Businesses To Start In New York
- Best Businesses To Start In North Carolina
- Best Businesses To Start In North Dakota
- Best Businesses To Start In Ohio
- Best Businesses To Start In Oklahoma
- Best Businesses To Start In Oregon
- Best Businesses To Start In Pennsylvania
- Best Businesses To Start In Rhode Island
- Best Businesses To Start In South Carolina
- Best Businesses To Start In South Dakota
- Best Businesses To Start In Tennessee
- Best Businesses To Start In Texas
- Best Businesses To Start In Utah
- Best Businesses To Start In Vermont
- Best Businesses To Start In Virginia
- Best Businesses To Start In Washington
- Best Businesses To Start In West Virginia
- Best Businesses To Start In Wisconsin
- Best Businesses To Start In Wyoming
Before pulling the trigger, don’t forget that self-assessment is also important. Take into account your available resources, interests, and long-term objectives. Having said that, practically every industry may prosper with the appropriate combination of grit, drive, and talent. Hence, before you select the type of business, make sure you have the proper expertise to run it. Also, it is recommended to consult a legal expert before you take any decision.